Date Posted: June. 3, 2021
Number of the position: 1
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at FIMECS. Join us as a Principal Scientist, Biology in our Shonan site.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Principal Scientist, Biology working on the biology department, you will be empowered to lead biology team, and a typical day will include:
We are searching for a Principal Scientist to join the Biology group within the Research organization. We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated scientist to lead for expanding pipelines of early clinical development molecules and our platform technology. The successful applicant should be capable not only of advancing programs from target validation to screening/hit finding/lead optimization and preclinical development, but also of progressing internal platform from biological point of view. In addition, the successful applicant should manage biology members, external Academic/Industrial collaborators, and CRO activities. Strong biology experience ideally oncology research area is required for this position.
･ As a key member of biology team, build and lead not only drug discovery cascades for internal programs and collaborative research but also internal degrader platform
･ Collaborate with a broad group of scientists within the Company and with external partners (Pharma, Academia, CRO, etc.) as a key contributor to drive projects forward
･ Maintain a broad awareness of the scientific and technological landscapes of biology and drug discovery
･ Deliver data, contribute to critical data evaluation, and provide discipline leadership to the Company
･ Supervise the group/team members.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS (Essential):
• PhD. or its equivalent in biochemical/biophysical assay, molecular biology, cellular biology, pharmacology, or related discipline, with 2-5 years’ experience in biotech/pharma industry
• Strong knowledge and capability of target validation, biochemical/biophysical and biological assay during hit-finding/hit-to-lead/lead optimization phase, preclinical development, and oncology drug discovery
• General knowledge of signaling pathways, protein homeostasis, and regulation of gene expression in a diverse disease context especially oncology
• High level of creativity and productivity with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to champion biology efforts towards new directions to achieve project milestones
• Oral and written Japanese skills (native level) to discuss with team members, service venders and others and prepare presentations
• Oral and written English skills to close communicate with abroad Partners, such as Pharma, Academia and CROs.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to present rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments to project teams
• Ability to think strategically to improve current processes within the biology department.
• Experience of project lead
• Experience with protein purification, analytical techniques, structural biology, HTS screening, and proteomics
• Experience of later stage research such as IND enabling studies
• Knowledge of DMPK, and safety/tox to collectively build the preclinical data package for clinical candidate nomination
• Class-A Hazardous Materials Engineer license in Japan
WHAT FIMECS CAN OFFER YOU:
26-1, Muraoka-Higashi 2-Chome, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 251-0012, Japan
Full time by discretionary labor system
SALARY 7.6-10.0M JPY per year depends on experiences, capabilities, skills, and DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS